Raleigh, NC (August 31, 2021) – How many trucks are operating in the U.S.? What is the average age of a vehicle before it’s replaced? How often are vehicle repairs made and where are they made? A new study from the Environmental Research & Education Foundation’s (EREF) Data & Policy Program seeks to answer these questions and more.
EREF identified 10,793 waste collection entities that own waste collection vehicles (WCV) in the United States, so far. Nearly 100% of cities with a population greater than 200,000 said that they have collection fleets, while only 13% of cities with populations less than 2,000 indicated owning their own collection fleets.
Currently, this study is in the data collection phase to better understand the size and maintenance of waste collection vehicle (WCV) fleets throughout the industry. EREF asks that both public and private fleet owners complete a 10-15 minute survey asking for general information on waste collection vehicles and fleet management.
Why Participate in the Study?
- Participants receive an advance copy of the report which will include information such as total number of waste collection vehicles in the U.S. and their regional distribution.
- Those who qualify and complete the survey and select the checkbox to be entered into the giveaway could win an 8th generation iPad.*
What are the Benefits of the Study?
- Benchmark current fleet practices against what peers are doing, as well as what is standard practice
- Potentially understand the cost of owning a fleet
- Understand if there are differences between municipal and private fleets
- Identify growth potential including possible cities for expansion
Click here to take the survey. The deadline to complete the survey is September 22.
Your privacy is very important to us! All data will be presented in compiled form and specific hauler size, addresses and contact information will not be shared.
Questions? Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
*No purchase necessary. Winner selected randomly from the pool of eligible participants. To participate, winner must complete the entire survey, check the box indicating they would like to participate in the giveaway and provide an active email address. The prize is an Apple iPad 10.2-inch Wi-Fi Only (8th Generation).
EREF is a 501(c)3 class charity that advances scientific research and creates educational pathways that enable innovation in sustainable waste management practices. For more complete information on EREF funded research, its scholarship program and how to donate to this great cause, visit erefdn.org.
Catherine Ardoin, Communications Manager
Phone: 919.861.6876 ext. 109